Sunday, 15 May 2011

Drape and Toiles

I have been draping and toiling swimsuits out of fused ponte strips, which has not been ideal for perfect fitting as it stretches differently to the bandage and has poor memory. However the design ideas are well portrayed, and it was excellent practice for constructing each piece as they can get quite complex. My next toiles will have to be out of the real bandage strips...


Thursday, 12 May 2011

Tuesday, 10 May 2011

K n i t t e d B a n d a g e

I have been searching everywhere to get strips of elastic knitted into a rib for my 'bandage swimwear'. Ideally the fibre content was to be 90% Rayon, 9 % Nylon and 1% Elastin. I managed to find a wonderful knit man and the fibres we chose to combine (due to availability) were a polyester elastin with a viscose yarn. The viscose provides a fleck that will shine in the light and absorb the dye differently to the polyester. After a few samples we settled on a on these 2 yarns with a 1x1 rib and 10 gauge. The final product has quite good memory retention after being stretched. Thus the bandage will be flattering to the female figure and help to support and wobbly bits! I can't wait to dye the strips!!!!

Thursday, 5 May 2011

R e f i n e d C o l o u r P a l e t t e

I have narrowed my colour palette down to: aqua, guava, magenta purple, white and charcoal. These combinations will satisfy the bright 'pop' swimwear requires in the sunlight, whilst complementing the sleek and sexy cuts and styles...

Once again, this photo, does not 100% represent the colours the way they really are (in particular the guava and aqua)